IKEA presented its kitchen of the future11.07.2016
Developers from IKEA and IDEO presented their common project – kitchen of the future. Companies believe that in 10 years all necessary functions will be performed by smart table surface. It will be able to act as a cooker, cutting board and interactive display for games. User interaction will get simpler thanks to the projector, which will bring up images on it.
What can smart surface do?
- Recognize products, which you put on it, and provide recommendations on their combinability and further processing.
- Measure the required amount of ingredients thanks to embedded censors.
- Warm up any table area to the needed temperature – no matter where you put your saucepan or frying pan.
- Interacting with your smartphone that stores recipes, it can offer an appropriate recipe and assess cooking time.
- Maintain required temperature of the surface to keep your tea or coffee warm.
- Serve for wireless charging of mobile devices.
IKEA believes that the method of products delivery will also be changed by 2025 – drones will be in charge of it. Technologies contributing to energy saving and edible wastes reduction will become widespread.
Currently smart table surface is represented as a concept. But you will be able to look at existing innovative developments at Smart Food & Geekn Garden exhibition.back to list
Subscribe to news!
Stay tuned with the conference and industry news!